Recalls Look-up by VIN
Owners may not always know their recalled vehicle still needs to be repaired. NHTSA's new search tool lets you enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has not been repaired as part of a safety recall in the last 15 years.
Please Note: If you are checking to see if your vehicle is affected by the Takata air bag recalls, it generally takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks for automakers to gather individual VINs associated with a recall. It is important that you check back periodically as a recall on your vehicle may not show up immediately.
What this VIN search tool covers:
- Safety recalls that are incomplete on a vehicle
- Safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
- Safety recalls conducted by major light auto automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
What this VIN search tool does NOT cover:
- Completed safety recall information
- Manufacturer customer service or other non-safety recall campaigns
- International vehicles
- Very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
- Safety recalls conducted by small vehicle manufacturers, including some ultra-luxury brands and specialty applications
NOTE: Recall information provided through this VIN lookup tool is provided by the manufacturer conducting the recall. NHTSA does not record VIN information or results provided through the VIN lookup tool.